The vision of ZSPA is to contribute towards the development of good governance and effective service delivery.
The objectives of ZSPA are to promote excellence in the theory and practice of Public Administration and Management by: Promoting the basic values and principles underlying economic, efficient and effective democratic Public Administration and Management.T he objectives of ZSPA are to promote excellence in the theory and practice of public administration by:
- Promoting the basic values and principles underlying economic, efficient and effective democratic public administration.
- Promoting the science and practice of public administration through research and the provision of appropriate training and development;
- Promoting ethical conduct and accountability within the profession;
- Promoting and protecting the profession and career interests of its members;
- Co-operating with other Societies and institutions and promoting the objectives of ZSPA;
- Providing a variety of services to members, such as serving as an information centre; hosting meetings, conferences and discussions for its members; publishing a journal and other publications to disseminate information and serve an educational purpose; and
- Co-operating, when necessary, with other national and international professional institutions and organizations to further the interest of ZSPA.
Motto - "Public Service Excellence through Training, Networking, Scholarship and Research"
Mission - The mission of the Zambia Society for Public Administration (ZSPA) is to encourage and promote good governance and effective service delivery through the advancement of professionalism, scholarship and practice in public administration and management.
Organization Structure - ZSPA consists of a National Board and Provincial Chapters. The National Board is elected every two years from among the ZSPA membership. The National Board is chaired by an elected President, and is assisted by a three Vice President. The elected Chairpersons of the Provincial Chapters complete the National Board. The National Board appoints an Executive Director who is assisted in the day-to-day functioning by an Administrator.